Fletcher English Learner Advisory Committee
ELAC Meetings are at 1:30p.m. Wednesdays via Zoom Teleconference
Bakersfield City School District ELAC meting Protocol and Instructions for Providing Public Comment during Board Meetings due to COVID-19 Pandemic. On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newson issued Executive Order N-29-20, which modifies some Brown Act provisions requiring physical presence of Members or the public to attend and participate at public meetings considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bakersfield City School District hereby provides notice that as a result of the declared federal, state, and local emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the Governor’s order, ELAC meetings will not be physically open to the public. Members of the public may observe the meeting by contacting the school at (661) 631-5960 and all public comments must be submitted by email or voicemail.
To observe the meeting:
The meeting may be observed by contacting the school at (661) 631-5960.
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-3261 to leave a message of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the ELAC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the ELAC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
As with in-person meetings, the English :earner Advisory Committee respects the right of the public to comment on ELAC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a ELAC.
We thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.